Lorelai
Música: "Rewind", Paolo Nutini

I'm in a rather British mood today. I wouldn't possibly know the reason why, it's just a simple fact - I'm in a British mood. Some say that the British are dull or cold or antipathetic – funnily enough, England (London to be more specific) has always been the place where I’ve pictured myself living in (an obvious exception made to my heart homeland). Well, this doesn’t have the slightest logic and I’m going way off the road here.

British mood or not, angry or sad or simply numb… I’m getting a smidgen tired of people, to be honest. I am sorry; that isn’t accurate at all. I’m tired of mean people – who, let’s face it, constitute a rather large part of the world’s population (unfortunately…). Or that’s just the way I see (for today, at least).

It’s just… I mean, honestly: why are people mean, why would someone like to be evil, to see others down and glee with that or even be the responsible for other people’s misery (and held it as the main activity of their daily life, as a matter of fact)? It really doesn’t make any sense at all to me. It’s not playing dumb; it’s not pretending to be innocent; it’s not trying to believe I’m oh-so-good and everyone else is just Lucifer in modern clothing. It’s just stating a fact: there are too many wicked people – and who enjoy being so. And I seem to have the misfortune to meet a few too many – or perhaps I just pay far too much attention to them. Now there’s something clever (especially because, after all… I’m writing about them, ain’t I?).

Breathe. Let it all out and remember one precious thing – there are good people too. And I’m quite aware I’m well lucky in knowing a couple of those too – above all, due to the fact that they are so extremely rare. To all of those people, even if they don’t know I’m saying this to them: thank you.

I’m just far too annoyed by “evilness” in people. And sleepy. Whatever.




[ "sempre chegamos ao sítio onde nos esperam". ]